We Will Not Tolerate Bigotry, Hate, Discrimination, Bullying, Harassment!

If you have experienced intimidation, harassment, retaliation, or discrimination by supervisors, you can do something about it! Both the law and Hennepin County Policy prohibit this in the workplace. It is important that we protect each other as coworkers and take care of each other. We are stronger together!

HC Non-Discrimination and Respectful Workplace Policy:

Hennepin County supports and will help to enforce the prohibitions against discrimination found in the state/federal civil rights laws, including the Minnesota Human Rights Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act. All Hennepin County employees and volunteers will foster environments that demonstrate and support respect and eliminate workplace bullying and discrimination in the workplace. Violations of this Policy will not be tolerated. Any employee or volunteer found to have violated this Policy may be subject to disciplinary action. Employees and volunteers making a complaint will not be subject to retaliation as a result of making the complaint. (See full policy in HC Administrative Manual)

Please contact our union representatives if you want to unite others to work on these or other issues. If you believe —in good faith—that you or others are the target of retaliation, harassment, unequal treatment, intimidation or discrimination, you can do the following:

  • File a Complaint with the Audit, Compliance and Investigation Services Web-site: https://hcconnect.hennepin.us/IA/Pages/InvestigationProcess.aspx
  • File a complaint with the ALERT LINE (can be anonymous, if you desire) via website hsphd.alertline.com or call 1-877-697-1482 ( HC pays a 3rd party firm to run the system where employees can report things like: unethical or illegal conduct or bad workplace behavior when they don’t feel like they can go to the supervisor, manager or director. Also to report your observations of supervisors targeting coworkers with these behaviors).
  • External process: For formal external complaint process in cases of discrimination, you can file a formal charge with the Minnesota Department of Human Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and/or file a private lawsuit.